Mary Kate Mullen
Ms. Mullen has nearly twenty years of litigation experience. Prior to her joining Biedermann Hoenig Semprevivo, Ms. Mullen was a Senior Assistant District Attorney for eight years in Suffolk County, NY, before entering into private practice.
Ms. Mullen focuses her practice on defending companies and educational institutions in a wide range of litigation matters, including product liability, premises liability, and a variety of claims concerning school setting and athletic event supervision. She has conducted trials, arbitrations, mediations, and has significant appellate experience.
In addition to being a member of Biedermann Hoenig Semprevivo, Ms. Mullen was elected councilwoman for the Town of Islip, New York, and serves as one of four council members. Islip, with a population of approximately 335,000 people, is located on the south shore of Long Island.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., English & Political Science, Fairfield University, 1992
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association
- Greater Long Island Road Runners Club
- New York, 1996
- People v. Gregory Love, 282 A.D.2d 550 (2d Dep’t 2001)
- People v. David Casper, 287 A.D.2d 575 (2d Dep’t 2001)
- People v. Luis Fernandez, 291 AD2d 456 (2d Dep’t 2002)